[Northkeep] Northkeep news and announcments

Jerry Herring j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 23 07:37:19 PDT 2009

1. The pole painting is this Sunday...
We will need people to come prepared, wear clothes that you do not mind getting stained, bring your own pair of rubber gloves, and a painters sponge to apply the stain with. We will also be starting the work on Pennants for the pole tops this weekend, if you wish to be involved in that please see Lady Jutte and Lady Lynn.

The Pavilion will be transferred from my Truck where it has been living these last few months to its new plus-sized tote, kindly provided by Centurion Angus Gunn and Lady Elodie, where it will be reunited with its stakes and ropes to dwell ever more.

2. Those of you who were not at officers meeting may be surprised to know that the Barony has decided to order a second Panther Primitives pavilion this one will have the same look as the new Baronial Pavilion but will be more square in shape and slightly smaller. The new pavilion will serve to replace the large patchwork which has seen the end of its days of service as a pavilion. Once this second pavilion has poles and is up and running we will look at one or possibly two other pavilions to serve as location for the list mistress and water-bearing. So plan on a day some time in later July or early August to make new poles and ropes.

3. The marshalate at Officers announced that the Barony will have a new 50'x50' wooden list field. The new field will be built using the exact same plans as the one used by the Province of Moonschadowe so that if it is ever needed the two fields might be combined to form a larger fighting area.

4. Lord Lucan is tring his best to produce the new Baronial Thrones but he needs your aid, any able bodies who can come and help would be very welcomed. For details on when and where please see Lord Lucan or Lady Ellette at: 584-4918.. We hope to have these new thrones ready by Ansteorra 30th year so please go today and offer all the help you can.

5. Northkeep has slid back down the charts to the third largest Barony in the kingdom, we are currently soemthing 23 memberships off from the #1 position and I would dearly love to see us over take that position. If you are a person who plays in Northkeep please check your memberships on the SCA.Org website to verify that your address is correct and that you are up to date. If you are a generous soul and you know people who do not have memberships please buy one for them. With the polling coming up this summer those paid memberships will have an oppertunity to speak loudest their opinion to the crown in advizing who should be the new Baron and Baroness.

More to come later
Kindly
Ian
Baron