[Northkeep] Just a list FYI

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 1 06:25:10 PDT 2009

I'm not meaning for this to sound cranky, so if it does, I am sorry.  No one is in trouble and I'm not mad at anything.  It's just being a Monday morning.

1.  People who are not signed on to the list will automatically get their email's kicked to the review que.  People who are not on the list can, and do, read the list via the archives.  If they  try to post and it doesn't show up, those emails have been buried in the large pile of spam.

2.  People who are signed up but send an email to a large array of recipients (I'm not sure what the cut off is), the system will assume this is a mass emailing and possibly spam, and shunt the message into the review que.

3.  People who are signed up, but inadvertently use a subject line that has flagged keywords, or suggestive construction, can also be shunted into the review que.  Last week's note from me on list moderation was one of these (as were all the responses).  "What is the size of the Castellan box?" is another.

If an email you have sent to the list is delayed, please think if it would match any of these situations.

Thank you for your time.

Marc/Diarmaid