[Northkeep] Is this ridiculous or just terminally sad?

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 16 08:44:29 PDT 2009

> From: kevinkeary at aol.com
>
> Are these the same Brits that once ruled a quarter of the planet?
> I look at this knife and I think, I'd have a hard time killing a bear
> or a hog with that knife, but a human or a horse, no problem.
> Now, ACCIDENTALLY killing someone, that would be harder.
> Am I just ignorant?

No, not ignorant.

While I am not as pro-weapon owning as some folks in this group, I'm not against it.  For those who are against it, I would like to think that most would realize that you can't have a knife that is a) effective in a kitchen and b) perfectly safe.  This knife, while cool looking is not safe - as you said, killing someone with it wouldn't be much of an issue.  You just wouldn't be stabbing them with it.

Alternatively, you will notice that calling it a stab proof knife is a misnomer since the leading point of the cutting edge (necessary to get it into things like tomato skins, or into things like skinning a chicken) is still a point.  Or are they assuming that people will be cognizant of the difference between a 'stab' and a 'prick', but still not realize the slashing potential.

BTW, with that lower knife definitely -- if you can't stab someone with it, you aren't pushing hard enough :)

M/D