[Northkeep] Baronial Candidate Questions

Melissa VonAschen aylavonaschen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 10:07:28 PDT 2009

Greetings,

For a variety of different reasons, such as 1) I have no idea yet who I'm
voting for and 2) I won't be at Populace this month for the introduction of
the candidates, but mainly because of the short time frame between
introduction of candidates and the actual polling one month later, it
occured to me that there should be a way to get more information about the
candidates out to the populace.

As a result of this, I have talked to His Excellency Ian and was given
permission to coordinate interviews of the candidates that could then be
broadcast via Lord Ivo Blackhawk's podcast normally available online.  My
thought was that these interviews would be recorded and easily made
available to the members of the populace so that they could learn a little
more about the candidates for Baron and/or Baroness before making their
decision and voting at the Populace meeting at the end of July.

Now, I realize that there is likely someone (or more) who do not like this
idea.  To those who do not, or to any who have questions, or really to
everyone reading this, I want to make it clear that this was MY idea and I
assume all responsibilty for it.  Therefore if you have questions, comments
or concerns, you should take them up with me.  Like I said, I first sought
permission from His Excellency before persuing this further.  I then
approached Ivo and asked if he would be willing to assist with this as I
knew he had the means of doing so in this fashion, which I thought would be
a good way of getting information out to those who will be voting next
month.

Also, I want it to be clear that this is not intended to be a
"high-pressure" interview and those who do not wish to do so are not
required to participate.  I have no hidden agenda here and I am not looking
to cause tension.  I am merely trying to gather information for the use of
the populace, who like myself are undecided how to vote and need more
information.  That being said, let's move on.

Some of the fine details still need to be worked out, but here is the plan
as it stands so far.  We will primarily use questions from the questionnaire
that was provided to the Baronial Candidates prior to the last change-over
when Ainar and Mercedes were in the process of stepping-down.  The same
questions will be provided to all candidates in advance so they can have
answers prepared.  Ivo will then conduct recorded interviews with those that
wish to do so.  Once the interviews are complete and have been compiled,
(the goal is by Ansteorran's 30th Year Celebration in a few weeks time) then
they will be made available to the public until the polling a few weeks
later via a method approved by Their Excellencies.  (A few options for this
could be, but aren't limited to, posting it online with or without access
restrictions, or creating mp3 files burned to a CD that could be played at
Northkeep gatherings such as fighter practice.)

To be sure that all the candidates running receive the list of questions and
all necessary interviews get complete, would anyone who is running please
email me with your contact information at your earliest convienence?  I know
of 4 sets of candidates so far, but I am not sure I have information for
everyone and it is possible that there are more and I don't want anyone to
get overlooked.

I will not be at Populace tonight as I will be out of town on a business
trip, however I will return on Wednesday and may be at Fighter Practice that
evening.  Again if you have questions regarding this you can contact me via
phone # (405) 343-8566 or email address aylavonaschen at gmail.com.

In Service,

Lady Ayla von Aschen