[Northkeep] Is this ridiculous or just terminally sad?

Aline Swynbrook alineswynbrook at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 12:20:11 PDT 2009

Indeed, I suspect Franziscka has hit it on the nose.  Death by stabbing has gotten a lot of press lately since Robert Knox, age 18, who played Marcus Belby in the Harry Potter films, died defending his little brother from a knife attack outside a London bar.  He was the 28th teenager to be stabbed by May of 2008 in England (the 10th in London), and was proceeded in death by a young boy from his same rugby club two weeks previous in an unrelated incident (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2022742/Harry-Potter-actor-stabbed-to-death-protecting-his-younger-brother.html)

Admittedly, if someone wants a weapon, they will find one (I used to know how to kill someone with a Bic pen), but I don't see lessening access as a bad thing.

Aline