[Northkeep] New Arrival to the Barony.

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Tue Mar 24 12:18:33 PDT 2009

Lady Annecathryn:

Please allow me to join the chorus of those wishing to bid you welcome to the
Barony of Northkeep!  Although Tulsa is a smaller place than some of the much
larger metropolitan areas in the kingdom, we are the one of the top three
largest baronies in all of Ansteorra. Also in the area is the Province of
Mooneschadowe (Stillwater) and the Canton of Chemin Noir (Bartlesville).

We have a pretty diverse group, both as individuals and in persona.  We have a
wide range of interests as well:  There’s a Needleworker’s Guild here, and to
meet your love of music, there’s the Merry Musicians of Mooneschadowe in the
nearby Province. They’re an amazing group who have served as the Royal
Musicians for more than one reign here in Ansteorra!  We have local talents in
an array of fields:  Master Diarmuid is widely renowned for his knowledge of
period shoe making, we have some top rate cooks in the form of HL Elizabeth and
HL Kiegan, Mistress Talana has forgotten more about fabrics than I’ve ever
learned
  We have cartographers, embroiderers, naalbinders, fighters, dancers,
drummers, brewers, vinters
 you name it!  (The Northern Region of Ansteorra is
particularly well known for its brewers and vinters, between the Brewers Guild
of Namron, our own Baron Damon Hroarson and his Honorable Lady Ismet, and
Master Oxlade and his merry band of beer makers in Mooneschadowe)

I don’t know if it would be of help to you in putting names to faces, but I
host a trio of websites. One includes a visual Order of Precedence for the
Barony, which includes names, photos, and an armorial  (www.northkeep.org)  and
a history site with event reviews and history snippets (zubeydah.northkeep.org)
and a photos site (photos.northkeep.org)  with pictures from events for the
last six years.

There’s a weekly fighter practice, held at the VFW on 6th street. It formally
begins at 7pm on Wednesday evenings, but folks often start arriving much
earlier.  Populace meeting is next Monday, the 30th, at 7:30 PM at the
library.  I'll be at both, and hope to see you there.

Again, welcome!!

- Zubeydah