[Northkeep] Running Around At Practice

Kurtis Glenn wildderman0922 at yahoo.com
Fri May 22 20:22:58 PDT 2009

    My brothers and I grew up in Northkeep and the SCA and things today are different from when I was a kid….and it really wasn’t that long ago.  When I was little and told not to do something, like all kids, I would do it again because that’s how kids are.   (And it wasn’t always my parents telling me NOT to do something.)  However, when I was told a second or three time, there was a punishment for it.  Eventually I learned to stop.  That’s why my brothers and I didn’t get into THAT much trouble when it came to SCA events.  (Ok those of you that are laughing can stop now…we weren’t as bad as you all say!)   We learned what would happen if we misbehaved and therefore didn’t do it.

    We were taught to respect all adults not just our parents.  That is something that I have noticed is not taught to some kids today.  An adult tells them to stop and the kid just ignores the adult, including me.

    The men and women of the VFW are kind enough to allow us to use their place.  We should all respect that and keep ourselves and our children under control.  Parents need to make their children understand that all adults deserve respect.  If an adult tells you to do something do it…..period.

    I know a lot of you are reading this still think of me as a kid but I’m not.  I know a lot of you did what my mom calls “group parenting” with myself and my brothers and that is another thing that is missing today.

    Parents need to control themselves and their kids at the VFW and other Northkeep events.  This is my two cents and this is how I feel.

Just the Point of View From A Younger Adult
Lord KenDrick MacKnochard