[Northkeep] Renaissance exhibit

Robin S. Henson woodenrobin at peoplepc.com
Tue May 26 16:47:03 PDT 2009

'Art & Love in Renaissance Italy' is on exhibit at the Kimbell Art Museum in Fort Worth through June 14, 2009. After attending Steppes Warlord Event in Canton Texas on Memorial day weekend we traveled on to Fort Worth to the museum. We were treated to approximately 150 paintings and art objects, dating from around 1400 to 1550, that were created to celebrate love and marriage. It includes marriage portraits and paintings that extol sensual love and fertility, exquisite examples of jewelry and maiolica (tin-glazed ceramic) given as gifts to couples, and some of the rarest and most significant pieces of Renaissance glassware, cassone panels, birth trays, and drawings and prints of amorous subjects. We highly reccomend it.   Robin & Marion of Northkeep