[Northkeep] ME Dancer for non-SCA event

Lorraine Gehring lorrainegehring at kc.surewest.net
Sun Oct 4 20:18:00 PDT 2009

Unto the people of Northkeep come greetings from THLy Lorraine Devereaux in
Calontir:

My son and his fiance wish to have a Middle Eastern dancer entertain at
their wedding reception in Pittsburg, KS on Saturday, October 10. Yes, this
Saturday afternoon.

The dancer they had scheduled has cancelled. Normally we could get one or
more of the dancers in Calontir to help us out. Unfortunately, the Kansas
City Renaissance Festival has most of them contracted through Columbus Day.

Mistress Rigela in Bois d'Arc suggested I ask your list for suggestions.
Ideally we'd like someone who does tribal style dance rather than cabaret,
and would rather have two or three dancers than one, but at this point
we're open to suggestions.

There is compensation. The original deal involved camera work as well as
money. (My son and soon-to-be daughter-in-law both work on commercial film
projects. They're very good.) Again, at this point compensation is very
negotiable.

Please respond off list or call 913-541-1950. The wedding is at 2:30 pm
with the reception to follow at a community center at 9th and Broadway in
Pittsburg.

Lorraine Gehring
913-541-1950