[Northkeep] ideas in decorating masks

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Wed Oct 21 00:53:45 PDT 2009

Please look at this site to get ideas.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/goblinart/page7/
If you are getting a plastic mask sometime regular water based paint doesn't seem to work. I made a great discovery working on mask this last week. That  4 part water to 1 flour with some salt  and cooked for 3 min will stick paper to plastic and then you can paint it just fine.
If you go to the Thrift store and find your self a plastic mask of a mummy you can cover it with paper and make noses and horns and put them on with more strips of paper.
You could look to the medieval illustrations of Demon's and Devils or at Medieval carving on churches. We are told that in one of favorite Mystery Plays about going to Hell the Monk thought it more fun to put on devils masks and drag people into the mouth of Hell. We don't have and masks from the period but it is thought pictures of the mouth of Hell give an idea of their masks
I look forward to seeing your mask.
Duchess Willow de Wisp