[Northkeep] What was your favorite SCA moment?

Montega montega at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 19:39:05 PDT 2009

Without a doubt my favorite memory in the SCA is JP’s vigil for his
knighting. It was simply amazing. There are times that you get
transported back in time and just for a moment you catch your breath
and can’t help but feel as if you are seeing something the way it
would have been seen back then. This was one of those times.
 His vigil was set back in the woods, surrounded by things you would
see at such an event. The period pavilion, other Knights standing by
the torches around the vigil area. A knight offering his wisdom and a
gift. The fog had settled over Gulf War that night, lending its magic
to the moment. I walked through trees and came upon this scene almost
by accident. The fog swirled around the firelight and I had to stop
and watch silently. There was a reverence unmatched. Not wanting to
move or break the magic I was seeing, I took it all in and knew it was
truly a moment from back in time.

Tega