[Northkeep] Not the right forum for this, but I am needing to say it somewhere...

Miriam Cook zahavabathannah at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 7 12:56:05 PDT 2009

So I am sending this to my SCA family because you all are just that, my family and this is seriously bad.

I just got this word in from our Rabbi--

According to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) and other reliable sources, Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) is planning on picketing Temple Israel next Monday, October 12th from 4:15pm – 4:45pm.  WBC is well-known for its provocative (and ugly) demonstrations at military funerals, gay rights events, and religious institutions including Jewish congregations and main-line Christian churches including those of Catholics and Lutherans.  On the same day, the group will also be picketing at Broken Arrow High School, Congregation B'nai Emunah, and the Tulsa Performing Arts Center.  For more of the specifics about WBC and how we respond, please  visit the ADL website at:

So keep our sanity and resolve in your thoughts as we make our way through the next week or so.

Miriam (Zahava)
 "Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds"-- Albert Einstein http://www.adl.org/learn/ext_us/WBC/default.asp?LEARN_Cat=Extremism&LEARN_SubCat=Extremism_in_America&xpicked=3&item=WBC

What is even better and I am sure not lost on those biggots is that this is during religious school for 4-6th grade kids (including Avi). Nice of them, isn't it?