[Northkeep] The WBC

Aline Swynbrook alineswynbrook at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 12 15:12:19 PDT 2009

A friend of mine was at an event they were protesting a couple years back.  I can't even remember what it was, but there was a Catholic priest in attendance.  My friend told me he turned to the priest, who looked at the line of protesters with a bemused expression.

"Father, doesn't their being here make you angry?" he said.

"My son, they're being here makes me thrilled," the priest replied.  "It means we are doing something right."

And that is what I always think about.  If the WBC hates you enough to show up, you must be doing something right.

Aline