[Northkeep] winter kingdom blues

aoife at cableone.net aoife at cableone.net
Sat Oct 3 10:54:41 PDT 2009

Hear, Hear!

On Sat Oct  3  7:42 , Chuck Kaun <jack_a_lope31 at hotmail.com> sent:

>There was a point made by someone about not needing a feast?  Its a good one.
But...we can still have a feast without a kitchen.  What is a feast?  it consists
of several courses of food, usually made in the order of bread and cheeses, soup or
some other sumptuous item, a main course of meat and possibly vegetables and a
dessert course.  None of these things require a kitchen if you think outside the
box a bit.

>Heres an example of what I would do
>

>1st course: Bread, Cheese and fruit
>
>2nd course: Soup of some sort (several people with large crockpots and similar
recipes that can cook all day long with little tending)

>3rd course: either 4 large roasters filled with thick ham slices that could be
served with bread and various butters which we usually see or those same roasters
filled with boiled down chicken (or beef, or pork) in a thick gravy served over
premade dumplings (or biscuits).