[Northkeep] ISO Talana the Violet

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 19 09:09:22 PDT 2010

Some years ago Don Malcolm built and I carved decorations on feast-gear boxes for our first two Castellans.
On the lids I carved the phrase "Castellanus Pro Populi Arcis Septentrionis," which is Latin for "Castellan For the People of Northkeep."  Arcis means "keep, fortress" and "Septentrionis" is the poetic word for north, taken from the name of the Big Dipper, which points to the North Star.

If that phrase is not too long, you might bounce it off their Excellencies and see if they like it, or prefer something else.

Talana