[Northkeep] Raffle at Castellan

Talbot the Mad talbotthemad at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 13:08:50 PDT 2010

Unto the Populous of Northkeep, Shining jewel in the Crown of Northern
Ansteorra, Greetings!

Castellan is nigh upon us, and our Barony stands in need. Need of items to
bestow upon out Champions, for recognition of services done for our Barony.
And in an effort to raise monetary support for the purchase of new thrones
for our Baron and Baroness, and a pavilion to shield them from the elements,
the driving rain, and the harsh Ansteorran sun, a raffle will be held at
Castellan.

It is my intention to donate the following item to the raffle:

One handmade Norse seax, with sheath.
Both were handmade by myself, Talbot of Northkeep, specifically for this
raffle.
The seax is approximately 15 inches overall, with a 10 1/2 inch blade, and a
4 1/2 inch handle.
The blade is a mirror polished "broken-back" style seax blade, friction fit
into the handle.
The handle is naturally shed elk antler, with brushed copper bolsters at
both ends, and natural colored artificial sinew wraps covering the seams
between the bolsters and the antler. The handle came from near the tip, so
the natural curve conforms to either the right or left hand.
The sheath is two tone (natural and light cordovan brown) leather, folded
and stitched, and is built in a 'traditional' edge-up carry configuration.
The frog rings are stitched in place on the straps, and are solid brass. The
sheath is double saddle stitched with a double overcast stitch around the
edge. The blade fits snugly into the sheath, for security, with the 'calla
lily' opening of the neck covering 2 1/2 inches of the handle. It was wet
formed around the seax, for a custom fit.
For those who keep track of such things, the blade's name
is<http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/meanings.html#nauthizm>"Nauthiz" or
"Necessity".
Some photos may be seen at:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=404648&id=715780466
(I apologize for the pictures, they were taken with a cell phone, on a
cloudy day.)

So, my friends, Populace of the finest Barony, will you also answer the
call?

I suspect that donations to the prize baskets, and for the raffle will be
greatly appreciated. Chances at the raffle will not only help to support the
Barony, but might well purchase you a fine blade or other item.
Our Barony deserves to have the finest, and to be, in appearance, as
beautiful a Barony as we know it to be at it's heart!

In Service,
Lord Brendan Talbot, of Northkeep, Ansteorra