[Northkeep] Fwd: [gdh] hehe

kevinkeary at aol.com kevinkeary at aol.com
Mon Feb 8 11:57:06 PST 2010

Forwarded from "another list" because this deserves to go viral.

rom: "Amanda Lord" <librarianlord at yahoo.com>

ichard I, by the grace of God, august King of England, sends his most kind
reetings.
Because I know that you especially desire to hear from me and to learn the
tate of my prosperity,  I think it fitting to first tell you of this.
Due to our most precarious state, I ask that you maintain the utmost secrecy
egarding this sensitive correspondence.
I have hidden in France a large sum of foreign gold worth at least 300,000
ounds silver.  Regretfully, I find myself unable to convey this wealth back
o England.  To be brief, I have been imprisoned in Germany due to a hostile
egime.  In addition to the indignity of false imprisonment, Henry VI has
emanded an unreasonably cruel ransom of 65,000 pounds silver.
Therefore, I offer the following arrangement.  If you will send the ransom
f 65,000 pounds silver to Henry VI, on my release I shall procure the
forementioned gold.  On our return to England, you shall receive one half
f the foreign gold I carry.  Let my seal on this letter be proof of my
onesty in this matter.  Once more, I would entreat you to maintain the
ecrecy of this matter to better ensure that we return with the gold without
nterference.
In brief therefore, God willing, I shall return to England. I render to you
he gratitude which you deserve for the very great fidelity which you have
hown to me.  And with the full intention of worthily rewarding your
ervices, I ask you to continue the same.

Aoife, feeling ... umm...  inspired by those curious Nigerian fellows &
aking a break from practicing for K&Q Bardic.  Opening & closing phrasing
tolen ruthlessly from King Conrad of Germany:
ttp://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/1148conrad2.html