[Northkeep] Fwd: [gdh] hehe

Kevinkeary at aol.com Kevinkeary at aol.com
Mon Feb 8 22:17:23 PST 2010

I don't know why the first column got cut off. I'm cutting and pasting it
this time, for anyone that cares to be subjected to a more intelligible
version.
Irritated Kevin
-----------------

From: "Amanda Lord" <librarianlord at yahoo.com>

Richard I,  by the grace of God, august King of England, sends his most
kind
greetings.

Because I know that you especially desire to hear from  me and to learn the
state of my prosperity,  I think it fitting to first  tell you of this.

Due to our most precarious state, I ask that you  maintain the utmost
secrecy
regarding this sensitive correspondence.

I  have hidden in France a large sum of foreign gold worth at least  300,000
pounds silver.  Regretfully, I find myself unable to convey this  wealth bac
to England.  To be brief, I have been imprisoned in Germany  due to a
hostile
regime.  In addition to the indignity of false  imprisonment, Henry VI has
demanded an unreasonably cruel ransom of 65,000  pounds silver.

Therefore, I offer the following arrangement.  If you  will send the ransom
of 65,000 pounds silver to Henry VI, on my release I  shall procure the
aforementioned gold.  On our return to England, you  shall receive one half
of the foreign gold I carry.  Let my seal on this  letter be proof of my
honesty in this matter.  Once more, I would  entreat you to maintain the
secrecy of this matter to better ensure that we  return with the gold
without
interference.

In brief therefore, God  willing, I shall return to England. I render to you
the gratitude which you  deserve for the very great fidelity which you have
shown to me.  And  with the full intention of worthily rewarding your
services, I ask you to  continue the same.

Aoife, feeling ...  umm...  inspired by those curious Nigerian fellows &
taking a break  from practicing for K&Q Bardic.  Opening & closing  phrasing
stolen ruthlessly from King Conrad of  Germany:
http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/1148conrad2.html