[Northkeep] Bartlett Academy Demo

Kathryn Helstrom kiamichikate at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 14:14:21 PST 2010

First of all, let me extend a most heartfelt THANK YOU for all who
volunteered for the demo at Bartlett Academy.  This event will be really
appreciated by our students, more than you can know!

There may be about fifty kids there.  These are not "children" in the
regular sense; they are fifteen- to twenty-year-olds struggling to finish
their high school credits and get their diplomas.  Many of them are very
intelligent, most are very artistic, almost all of them live in less than
desireable circumstances.  We have girls with babies (although the little
ones don't come to school), we have young men who are supporting their
parents, we have students who are battling health issues.  They may be
young, but you can't really call them children.  At this writing, at least
two classes will be attending (about 40 people), and I'm lobbying for an
all-school participation (about 70 kids).  One of our staff also teaches
half-time at another school; she wants to bring one of her other classes as
well, so we could top out at 80 or more people with students and staff.
We'll be demonstrating in a good auditorium with movable seating, so any
setup is possible.

With greatest respect for those who play their hearts out,

Franziska von Locknitz
On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Lynn <LRA at olpdsl.net> wrote:

> How many children will be at the demo? And what ages?
> Thanks.
>
> Lynn the Inquisitive
>

> Montega wrote:
>
>> The demo for Bartlett Academy will be Tuesday, Feb 16  from
>> 12:30-1:30. We need fighters and those who can show crafts and trades.
>> Anything like scrolls and textile work is great. This will be a fast
>> demo as it is their first. I am positive it will be great! please
>> contact me right away to advise if you will be attending. The address
>> and phone are as follows:

Remember this: that there is a proper dignity and proportion to be observed
in the performance of every act of life.  --Marcus Aurelius