[Northkeep] Fw: the Willow and Jonathan Project

george basore murray_kinsman at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 7 14:34:31 PST 2010

  I bid Greetings and Salutations to all goode Gentles of Ansteorra,
I am hopeful that,at least, the majority of us have had a joyful and bountiful Holiday season.
  Ansteorra has a justified reputation of living life to the fullest measure.
  We are known for our ability to be great warriors, great practicioners of the arts and sciences, great bards, AND great Revellers!
  We are also known for our generocity and compassion.
  Who here remembers the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina? The devastation was horrible to witness.
  As the debris settled, and the Feds were still trying to get to the scene, there were trucks rolling in to "ground zero" loaded with the exact emergency supplies most needed at that time. The myriad of news crews swarmed on these angels of mercy, trying to find out who could be mobilized that fast and that efficiently. They reported on live news feed, that the trucks were from some organzation refered to as SCA, and that they came from some place, evidently west of them, known as "Ansteorra"!
  the News crews may be forgiven for slightly exagerating, when they reported "hundreds of trucks", but there were many trucks that made multiple trips.
  It was humbling to observe Ansteorra's finest hour. Even more so to have been allowed to be a part of it.
  We pulled together, and donated massive amounts of supplies, money, time, and energy in the best living example of true Chivalry I have ever personally witnessed.
  Today, I come to you with an offer of a crisis of a much smaller scope, but no less desparate need for those involved.
  I refer to the plight of Duke Jonathan Macebearer, and Duchess Willow de Wisp, the first King and Queen of Ansteorra.
  They are moving to Northkeep, but the house they intend to occupy, is not fit for habitation, and both of them are suffering from dire health problems.
  I am one of a growing cadre of volunteers determined to solve their delemma.
Count Finn Kelly O'Donnell is in charge of requisitioning supplies and manpower for the work to be done, and the irrepressable Baron, Admiral Pooky is gathering the talents needed for this.
  Pooky has asked me, and their Graces have authorized me to attempt to raise the money needed for this effort.
  As the new year begins, and tax time approaches, we start thinking about what to spend our refunds on.
  I ask each of you to think hard on the idea of making a small donation to this effort. Every little bit helps. Just think of it as gate fee for an event. Can you spare $10?
  Their Graces have given so much over the years, to make Ansteorra the great place it is.
  Now it is our turn.  4 1/2 years ago, we showed the world what chivalry means to us.
  I believe that Ansteorra is equal to this challenge.
  I have included a message from Pooky that supplies more specifics, including where to send donations.
  Their graces need $15,000 to do this, I know, it sounds like alot of money, and, well, it IS!  But, there are hundreds of Ansteorrans out there.
If each of us contributed just $10 dollars, now, and in 1 or 2 months, another $10, the monetary crisis would be solved.

  I am, and remain, in service to the Dream,

  Lord Admiral Robert Haddock, Ansteorran Royal Navy,retired.