[Northkeep] Pictures

Katherine A. Herndon bka28252 at nerdshack.com
Fri Jan 8 09:18:58 PST 2010

Just a quick reminiscence about the demo at John Mabee Hall at The
University of Tulsa.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/northkeep_barony/4255237489/

Ah, yes, I remember it well. . . sort of.  I should mention that I was
a TU student at the time, and not yet in the SCA.  Kristoff von dem
Schwartzwald (or, more accurately, his mundane self Chris, John Mabee
Hall president) was a friend of mine.  So was Dirk, the photographer.
I remember the publicity before the demo, the photos in the Collegian
afterwards.  But I missed the demo itself, and I can't remember why
(and it's driving me nuts).  I think I may have had a Monday evening
class that semester.

The weekend before the demo, TU hosted a regional Residence Hall
Association conference.  Darin (he wouldn't be Etienne for 7 more
years) and I worked together on the conference staff and that's when
we really got to know each other.  So, it was a pretty momentous time
in my life, even if I can't remember every detail.

When I have more time, I'll write more about Kristoff (that's him
fighting Colin O'Neill in the right-hand photo) and how it took him
eight years to get me into the SCA.

Rosamund