[Northkeep] Off topic Video to DVD

Kathryn Helstrom kiamichikate at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 13:40:25 PST 2010

I've been sending my video tapes over to Walgreen's.  They do a great job,
set it up by chapter, with snap pictures on the cover so you know what's on
the DVD.  I've had perhaps 40 DVDs made this way (we have 14 grandchildren),
and only had to send one back for poor quality.  They did it over again for
no charge, no questions asked.  I just started the conversion to DVD about
two years ago.  I just take 2 or 3 tapes over a month, so the cost doesn't
hit my pocketbook so hard.

Franziska

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Jerry Herring <j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> Sorry for being off topic...again.
> Does anyone have any suggestions on an affordable option to convert a load
> of old video recorder tapes of family movies over to DVD?
>
> There is a lady at work who is the family historian and she asked me if I
> had any suggestions. Sadly my knowledge in this area is somewhat lacking. I
> figured that one of you out there might know more about the process and be
> willing to share the knowledge.
>
> Kindly
> Ian

Remember this: that there is a proper dignity and proportion to be observed
in the performance of every act of life.  --Marcus Aurelius