[Northkeep] Belt Bummer has kind of happy ending

Kathryn Helstrom kiamichikate at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 14:13:53 PST 2010

Having worked at the corporate level of major manufacturers, I can verify
that the corporate headquarters WANT TO KNOW if their product is being
misrepresented by the local merchant.  So whenever you get a bum deal or a
bad product, you cannot loose by contacting the corporation.  If they do
nothing (which sometimes happens, but not often in my experience), you are
no worse off.  Almost always they will in the least reimburse you, and if
you press, they will give you free product, coupons, and/or gift cards.
Here's a hint:  If you don't get satisfaction from the complaint department,
contact the marketing department.  They sometimes can give you free product
(but not cash reimbursement), and promotional items as well.

Bravo to you Catrin!

Franziska

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Catherine Lackey <catanlac at yahoo.com>wrote:

>    I want to let everyone know who recalls the saga of my painted leather
> belt that got ruined how things came out.  I contacted Tandy Leather's
> corporate office (thanks to the Brother who provided me with the address),
> made my complaint, sent pictures (thanks to Diarmaid who helped me out with
> the excellent pics) and the upshot is, they have refunded me my full $89.81
> investment.  It definitely helped that Brothers put me in touch with leather
> experts who I could definitively quote that they sold me the wrong product
> that spoiled my work, and that I could say that I had acquainted a wide
> audience of SCA'ers who formed a large part of their customer demographic
> with the circumstances of this situation.
>    So in the end, Tandy Corporate did the right thing, and a lot of people
> helped me make my case.  The lesson is, pursue your claim and you might get
> vindicated.  I do want to stress that even though I was treated very poorly
> by the local store, Corporate was courteous and helpful and did do the full
> credit to my account.
>

>           Catrin

Remember this: that there is a proper dignity and proportion to be observed
in the performance of every act of life.  --Marcus Aurelius