[Northkeep] Silk Banners

Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair donnchadh at cornelius.norman.ok.us
Thu Jul 29 13:59:34 PDT 2010

I usually use the 8 momme (mm) Habotai silk.  You can get it either as
cut fabric, or in scarves or veils that already have an edge sewn on
them.  If you use the cut fabric, the resist can work as a rip stop if
you don't want to sew an edge on it.
http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/3273-AA.shtml?lnav=scarves.html
http://www.dharmatrading.com/fabric/silk/habotai.html

For resist, I use the Pebeo Gutta
http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/3436727-AA.shtml?lnav=resists.html

And for paints, I use the Dye-Na-Flow silk paint
http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/1605-AA.shtml?lnav=paints.html

If you'd like to talk more about it, feel free to drop me an email, or
talk to me at an event.

Donnchadh