[Northkeep] Some good news...completely off topic

John Yates valstarr_hawkwind at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 12:19:57 PDT 2010

Truly excellentm news!

Val

----- Original Message ----
From: Jerry Herring <j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net>
To: Northkeep <northkeep at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Fri, July 30, 2010 12:15:01 PM
Subject: [Northkeep] Some good news...completely off topic

I know that since it rarely comes around we could all use a little good news now

and again just to remind us to keep hoping and dreaming because sometimes good
things do happen and when they do they sort of make the rest of it all worth
while...or at least not seem so bad.

So my good news is not really mine, it belongs to my brother Tim. Tim for any of

you who might have ever met him is a real character. A big ol'country boy who is

truly a real American red neck, farm worker, and truck driver. Tim lives in a
single wide trailer on a dirt road with his wife and three of his 5 kinds. Tim's

old Dodge truck can be heard for miles before you ever see the cloud of dust it
kicks up as he speeds his way Dukes of Hazzard style down the dirt roads where
he lives. Tim is a good guy but from time to time his antics have put him in
contact with the local law, this is in a way one of those times. The Linn County

Missouri Sheriff made a call on my parents trying to find where Tim lived and
then came out to speak to him...this visit was not as a law enforcement officer
but as the husband of an elementary teacher where my brothers sons attend
school. According to what I was told the Sheriff's wife had mentioned Austin,
who is my brothers oldest son. The Sheriff remembered Austin from the time he
had to make a call out to my parents house. It had been a few years ago when the

family dog attacked Austin. The attack resulted in the loss of one of Austin's
ears. The Sheriff remembered how surprisingly gentle, sweet, and unbelievably
good that dog actually was. The Sheriff also rememberd how sad the boys were
that it had to be put down, but this is not about a dog. This is about Sheriff
Tom Parks and his conversation with my brother. Sheriff Parks is a long standing

member of a fraternal organization known for their amazing acts of charity
especially towards children. Sheriff Parks it seems had been calling fellow
members of his order all over the State of Missouri after his talk with his
wife...in Saint Louis he had gotten the answer he was after. The Masonic
Shriners of Missouri it seems have found the funds and a way for little Austin
to get his ear back. They will be taking care of it all, something that my
brother and his family would never be able to do on their own. A young boy who
is really just a great every day average kid will now be able to grow up with
out having to face the cruelty of dealing with looking different from the other
kids. He will be able to play baseball and go to school and do all the things
little boys do and will no longer get picked on because he looks different
because he only has one ear...This is the good news I received and wanted to
share with you.

Thank you.

Kindly
Ian