[Northkeep] Speaking of Herbs...

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 23 06:23:47 PDT 2010

Franklin had two things that rise above physical appearance: savvy and money.  If you've ever read his autobiography, you know that he was a public relations master - he once, when looking for a job, walked around with a loaf of bread under his arm and looking like he had somewhere important to go.  Sounds silly, but it made him look like he had a job and was busy, which made him an attractive candidate for employment (it being easier to find a job when you already have one - or look like you do).  After a successful career as a printer, he got the brilliant idea of selling franchises for printing newspapers: for a lump sum and then  percentage, he set up a printer with equipment and training.  He got stinking rich this way.  Think of him as the Bill Gates of the New World.

When you possess charm and have a fat wallet, being old, paunchy, bald just don't matter.

Talana