[Northkeep] Historical question...other groups

Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyyah zubeydah at gmail.com
Wed May 26 09:18:06 PDT 2010

A while back, I showed up at several events with a mini digital audio
recorder. They can be had for pretty cheap these days - I think mine was
around $40.  Then I just sat down with folks and asked them to tell me a
story.   The audio files could then be added to a historical website.  I
collected "NSTIW" stories, some songs, etc.  It was fun. :)

(I still have the audio files and will be getting them to Master Robert
Fitzmorgan for his collection.)  There's around 20 or so, including some
stories of Gulf War, some bardic singing, several people describing their
'Dream' SCA moment, some courts, etc.

Sometimes, it just takes someone deciding to do it, walking up to folks, and
saying, 'Hey - can I have a few minutes of your time? You have something
precious in your head - those memories - and I'm hoping you'll share
them...'

-Zubeydah