[Northkeep] Demo yesterday

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Sun Nov 14 09:28:39 PST 2010

The Demo was a lot of fun. I was very impressed with the organization. Lady Montago is doing a great job.
I have  noticed somethings about Northkeep your peers do a lot of work.  Sir Ulf and Sir Angus really try to support the Demos and other events. I see them and their squires everywhere. I need to learn all of their names individually. So far I get their names in a list and I am not sure which name goes with which person. I don't know if we had any other knight at this Demo but I have seen other knights at other things
Also I was told that "the Knights and their squires" helped with the set up at The Queens Champion that we had.
The Laurels and Pelicans have been very active at Demos also. Your Peers and nobles take their duties and responsibilities very seriously.
Working at the Demos is a very good place to get to know your local peers in a casual yet SCA venue. There is always some dead time and you can talk to them and ask questions. If you want to learn how to do something many of the skilled artisan are more than willing because at the same time you are learning they can show the people  what the SCA is all about.
One of the best ways to work your way into a SCA group is to work shoulder to shoulder with someone at an event or Demo.
I have found the SCA Demo informal team in Northkeep to be very nice people and I have had a great time at the Demos. The Northkeep Demos are more like mini event and that is very pleasant.
I am very glad to have moved up here.
Thank you everyone
Duchess Willow de Wisp
P.S Your non-peers and nobles work very hard also. I would list all the people who I have seen but I haven't gotten you names down and I certainly don't know how to spell them.