[Northkeep] Thank yous in order

Catherine Lackey catanlac at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 12 03:13:15 PST 2010

    Now that I can finally lift my head up and look around, I owe some gratitude
and acknowledgements to some fine people.
    As some of you may know, I was commissioned by Her Majesty Gilyan to create
her stepping-down garb for Coronation last weekend.  As usual, I overdid it,
overdesigned and underprepared, and started late.  As the date grew nearer, I
panicked and realized I was not fast enough to finish the embroidery in the time
I had left and begged for help.
    Coming to my rescue were Baroness Roselyne, Duchess Willow, both old friends
whose kindness I have known for years.  Their skill with a needle made much
progress and saved me time.  But there is also Lady Cicily, only recently known
to me, who volunteered and stitched so beautifully and made it possible to
finish.  This lady has an artist's hands and a heart for service.  We are so
lucky to have her in this Barony and I hope we get to keep her.
    So I thank you, old friends and new friend.   Your help saved the day and
made her Majesty's garb possible and kept me from a breakdown trying to finish
it myself.  You are all true treasures to me.

                                                                      With love
and gratitude,
                                                                        Catrin