[Northkeep] Come One, Come All, to La Regale de la Chasse in Grimfells!
alineswynbrook at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 19:40:49 PDT 2010
Greetings Northern Ansteorra! Your Friendly Neighbors in Far Southern Calontir Invite You to Join Us this Week for La Regale de la Chasse (The Feast of the Hunt)!
We have ordered up a gorgeous autumn day in the Ozark foot hills, just for you! Join us for camping, fighting (tournament and melee style), archery, arts and sciences classes, bardic, and much more! We will have traveler's fare Friday night and breakfast Saturday morning, a donation Inn for lunch, and a sumptuous feast in the evening. There are competitions for best period hunting kit and best period encampment. A raffle will be held, allowing you to gamble for the chance at a treasure or trinket. And we might even be flying a raptor or two!
Inn Menu includes: Meat pies
Fruit (apples/oranges/grapes, as available)
Sweet (variety provided by populace)
with Gluten Free Options
Suggested Donation is $5.00, but please donate as the spirit moves you.
Feast plans, subject to ingredient availability, include:
1st Course: spiced walnuts, dried fruits, peasant bread w/flavored butters, goat cheese with a fig/olive tapenade, brie in crute, marinated olives
2nd Course: chicken stew, bacon & leek & gruyere tartlets
3rd Course: vegetable white lasagna, wild herb salad with berry vinigrette
4th Course: roasted sirloin with garlic jus, roasted root vegetable Israeli coos coos, honey glazed carrots
5th Course: gingerbread cakes, apple tarts, candied walnuts, wine poached pears, bread puddings and short breads
Our site is the beautiful Camp Noark, in Huntsville, AR. Site Opens at 4:00PM Friday and Closes at Noon on Sunday
Event Fees: $5.00 for Adults, kids under 12 get in free, plus a $5.00 surcharge for non-members.
Feast: $10.00 per person. Children’s Feast is free, with purchase of an adult feast.
Please make checks payable to SCA, Inc. – Shire of Grimfells.
Directions for those coming from the west are:
>From Tulsa, OK:
1. Take US-412 East (this is a partial toll road – Cherokee Turnpike – I think it’s $2.50 for cars) – follow this for approximately 92.9 miles.
2. Turn right onto South Thompson Street/Business 71 South – follow this for approximately .4 miles.
a. Helpful Hint: When turning onto Business 71 South, get into the left lane to prepare the left turn that will be next.
3. Turn left at the intersection of Business 71 South and E/W Robinson Ave – follow this for approximately 25.9 miles.
a. Helpful Hint: This intersection is the first light you come to after turning onto Bus. 71 South and is a “Y” intersection, so it will look a bit odd.
4. Take the AR-23 North exit off of US-412 – turn right off the exit onto AR-23. Follow this for approximately 1.3 miles.
a. Helpful Hint: This exit is like a clover leaf exit – you will exit on the other side of the bridge.
5. Turn left onto Co. Rd. 8580 – the road is marked by an orange cinderblock on the north side of the road.
6. You are now on the camp road – simply follow it and the posted in-camp directional signs to get to Troll.
Please note, the deadline for those wishing to register hounds has past, and sadly exceptions can't be made.
We hope you can join us to celebrate the joys of the hunt and the wonders of fall
Lady Aline Swynbrook
More information about the Northkeep