[Northkeep] late period jewlry making

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Wed Oct 20 15:11:20 PDT 2010

Hi Susan and Peg
I have found that looking at paintings to be a great source for late period jewelry. Though we really can not trust that these people really had these pieces of jewelry. People paid artist to paint in jewelry. I believe that people would had wanted  the very best. These pictures are a sort of "should had been" for people in the Renaissance.
Another place to go is the reproductions sites. and the artifact for sale sites. They often give links to museums to verify their things.
Here is a site I found fun.
 http://www.pewterreplicas.com/dept.asp?id=37
I know we have many people who are knowledgeable of late period clothing and if you asked them they would be willing to teach.
Can you get out or would we need to come to you?
willow