[Northkeep] Gore Demo--This Thursday!

Jerry Herring j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 25 19:30:55 PDT 2010

Greetings all!

A month or so ago I put out a call for Norse personas or like-minded people who
might be interested in participating in a demo for my school.  A couple have
emailed me privately but I'd loved to have my students see all that we have to
offer.

I've got this set up for this Thursday October 28th.--it would be for maybe 1 or
2 hours--for my AP Literature class--(and I would probably invite the senior
class to watch also since they will be studying Beowulf soon)   So I'm talking a
start time of about 12:30 or 1:00 and finishing up by 2:30 would be best--
Depending on weather we'd either be inside my classroom or outside under the
trees -- (I just checked the weather and it looks like sunny and pleasant on
Thursday) (We have a good sized area next to the school that would be perfect
for some fighting-)

 I will be following my Beowulf unit with a short unit on Canterbury Tales
which  would allow for some non-Viking personas as well---
As I said in my email to the list I would really love to have some fighters come
up so my students can see a little bit of combat, perhaps a bard or two and some
crafters with their  wares....My students on the other hand really want to see
ME get gacked a few  times so if there's a fencer or two out there who can make
the drive that would  be pretty awesome also :)

I don't know who all would be able to get away from work on this day--

I'd love to have a big turn out for the demo-- but I'm being trying to be
realistic since it so far out of Tulsa--

Thanks!

Kelandra