[Northkeep] Hunting Horns

Jerry Herring j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 6 12:50:39 PDT 2010

Once I get the cow horn and get it  cleaned up I can get it cut like I want for
the mouth piece and even get the hole made possibly using a hand auger instead
of a drill... but what I am not sure about is finishing horn in a period manner
to get a good polished look to it.
What would people recommend?  I am thinking progressively lighter sanding then
finishing it off with good old beeswax but want to make positive I am doing the
right thing. Does anyone have any period documentation I could see on such a
subject.

Kindly
Ian