[Northkeep] Garb Work Day

Stephanie Drake steldr at cox.net
Thu Sep 16 11:07:39 PDT 2010

On September 30th, from 5:00pm until 8:30pm, we have a room at the Martin East Library for a garb work day (ok, work evening).  My goal is for people who need a little help to get projects started, or finished up.  Over the years I have found that I get more done when I am surrounded by people with a similar goal.

Have a garment that needs to be taken in a bit?  Bring it and we'll see if we can't get you pinned up.
Have a dress that just needs a hem, bring it..
Have fabric but your cats won't let you lay it out and cut it at home?  There will be tables available.
Able to cut out your garb but you don't sew or your sewing machine is on the fritz?  We will either have a machine you can use or someone can sew for you.

I will be bringing all the commercial garb patterns that I have for people to use at will and Keigan will be bringing hers as well.
Remember!  If you are making garb that you are going to wash and dry, then you need to make sure that the fabric is washed and dried before cutting it out.  Avoid the heartache of garb shrinkage.

If you are willing to help people with sewing, please come and bring your sewing machine.  I will have my serger and sewing machine, as well as an iron and ironing board.

If you have questions about anything, please feel free to contact me privately ( steldr at cox.net ) - and if you can't make this one, we'll try to do another one in October.

Mercedes

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. - Jorge Luis Borges