[Northkeep] Autumn Arrows in Calontir
adalia.nyx at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 06:13:47 PDT 2010
Unto the Dewis, other Archers, and Populace of Northkeep come greetings.
I have been asked to inform our group of a Calontir event called Autumn
Arrows. It is Archery and thrown weapons all day long. The information I
have received thus far is as follows.
The event is at Camp David of the Ozarks just outside of Rolla, MO (Google
Maps has that at 4 hours 50 minutes from my front door).
A. Initial set up Friday evening 1 October.
B. Archery/thrown weapons field opens at 0900 Saturday 2 October.
C. Shoots consist of the following:
1. Pyramid shoot - 2 flights of six arrows
Pyramid target five scoring bands starting with gold at the top. Standard
scoring 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 at approximately 25 paces.
2. Reverse it! (sponsored by Lord Thomas Fleischacker) - 2 flights of six
arrows. Reverse five ring bull, outer ring scoring highest 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 for
gold and a shadow ring that adds 1 point to that scoring color. Approximate
distance 20 paces.
3. Thor's Challenge - 2 flights of six arrows.
Hit the lightening bolt slashing across the target. Gold scores 5, red
Distance approximately 30 paces.
4. Raiders approach - 2 flights of six arrows.
Target the three approaching raiders. Only two arrows (lowest score) per
target score. Distance to target varies from 25 to 40 paces. Scoring, heart
5, head/torso 3, limbs 1.
5. Allies and enemy - 2 flights of six arrows.
A field of nine shields. Calontir center, allies at each of the four
corners. The remaining four are enemy kingdoms. Score 5 points for each
enemy, subtract 3 points for each ally, subtract 5 points for Calontir.
Approximate distance, 25 paces.
6. Pizza Spiral - 2 flights of six arrows.
Gold center, colored spiral arms radiating outward. Score Gold 5, Red 4,
Blue 3, Black 2, white 1. Distance 20 paces.
7. Crazy Circles - 2 flights of six arrows.
A large circle containing six partial period bulls facing the outer ring of
the large circle. Only one arrow (lowest) per period bull scores. Score gold
5, red 3, blue inner circle 1 per arrow. Distance 20 paces.
8. Dancing Dice - 2 flights of six arrows.
Three hanging dice. Score only two arrows per die. Score 5 points per die.
Distance 40 paces.
9. Challenge Shoot - To be determined.
10. Challenge Shoot - To be determined.
There is an Inn which asks for donations only. Feast is provided by HL Paul
1. First remove bread, cheeses, honey butter and grapes.
2. Second remove, Stuffed roast pork, baked onions and carrots.
3. Third remove, Fowl and plum pie decorated with watercress.
4. Dessert remove, Shortbreads and stuffed baked pears.
Sign up and practice begin on the field at 8:00 A.M. Shoots and thrown
weapons begin at 9:00
HL Adalia VonderBerg
Skald of Skorragardr
Herald of Northkeep
Apprentice to Sir Finn Kelley O'Donnell
Music expresses that which cannot be put into words, but also cannot remain
More information about the Northkeep