[Northkeep] Just a point on names

Chuck Kaun jack_a_lope31 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 29 15:15:43 PDT 2010

We can talk about names all day long and no one will ever truly agree or be happy, but I am thinking that here are some thoughts that may be pertinent to this discussion.

1.  Do not use something that cannot be easily understood from a distance when shouted.  ex: Effen-anything will maybe not sound so good when shouted as a battlecry.
2.  Do not use something with arcane or non-phonetic spelling. ex: anything welsh or old english, they didnt seem to understand the concept of vowels until they were invaded by proper speaking folks.
3.  Do not use anything you will not be prepared to live with forever.  While something may sound good now, are you sure you will want to live with it 15 years from now?  Remember that nothing lasts forever and the decisions we make will be what those who come after will have to deal with.

On a side note, I like Quivarra too.

Cheers,

Karl Thorgeirrson