[Northkeep] [NR] Northern name--ownership question

Tadhg ld_tadhg at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 14:30:15 PDT 2010

Greetings,

Ivo, I believe the abridged answers are:
1) Ansteorra has owned the heraldic title of Nordsteorra since January 1992 and
2) you, oh Northern Regional herald, are the Nordsteorra herald.

While it doesn't necessarily address the specific question of why (or how) we have referred to the region and the herald equally, it seems to me a simple act of projection.

Of course, Emma's point is well taken. We should give all due consideration to a plausible place-name for the place that is our Region, and allow the natural derivative for the people to follow, e.g., Calontir has Calons or Calontiri (I've heard both).

Regards,

Tadhg

...brick by brick