[Northkeep] Just a point on names

Tina Michael tinabetta at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 16:04:16 PDT 2010

Like my mama always says, "Don't name ya baby somethin' you don't wanna
shout at the top of your lungs for the neighbors to hear".
I used to have a cat named Kyta (pronounced Kit soft-a) who liked to wander
6 blocks over to my parents house for the day. I had to call her home every
night. Soon all of the neighbors picked up the cry and we all ended up
calling her home. I heard her name echoing all over the place. Hummmm, like
music....

I digress,
 Tina

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Amadeo Estevão <rockmeamadeo at gmail.com>wrote:

> Something with storm in it would certainly be appropriate to the
> geographical area covered by the northern region.
>
> Amadeo
>
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Chuck Kaun <jack_a_lope31 at hotmail.com
> >wrote:
>

> > We can talk about names all day long and no one will ever truly agree or
> be
> > happy, but I am thinking that here are some thoughts that may be
> pertinent
> > to this discussion.
> >
> > 1.  Do not use something that cannot be easily understood from a distance
> > when shouted.  ex: Effen-anything will maybe not sound so good when
> shouted
> > as a battlecry.
> > 2.  Do not use something with arcane or non-phonetic spelling. ex:
> anything
> > welsh or old english, they didnt seem to understand the concept of vowels
> > until they were invaded by proper speaking folks.
> > 3.  Do not use anything you will not be prepared to live with forever.
> >  While something may sound good now, are you sure you will want to live
> with
> > it 15 years from now?  Remember that nothing lasts forever and the
> decisions
> > we make will be what those who come after will have to deal with.
> >

> > On a side note, I like Quivarra too.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Karl Thorgeirrson

Any day above ground is a good day!