[Northkeep] Ready for Med Fair!

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Tue Apr 5 09:34:52 PDT 2011

Greeting to Everyone who created and maintained the Embassy at the Norman Medieval Fair
>From His Grace, Master Jonathan de Laufyson and Her Grace, Mistress Willow de Wisp
We had a wonderful time at the Embassy. I didn't see much of the Faire because of my health, but I did not mine because the SCA area was so interesting.
The look of everything was just beautiful and ambiance police were so gentle and courtious. they are so much more superior than the authenticy police. The results spoke for themselves, everything was so beautiful.
The fighters, especially Sir Owen fought for the people in the crowd and the lovely speeches they made equaled or surpassed those done in the past. The highlight of the faire for me was when Sir Owen sang  a song he sang to win his true love. I was crying after he sang it. My husband Duke Jonathan was smiling a secret smile because he also wooed me with songs.
The fighting was excellent and I was very proud of my husband for doing it for two days. M'Lord Torin got a lot of fighting under his belt and had his first kill. That is not bad for someone with only two fighter practices.
Lady Sicley was one of the best dressed ladies at the fair. in or out of the SCA compound. That is saying a lot because the ladies and gentlemen truly looked grand. Our Rapier Fighters truly looked like the gentlemen they were. In the Chivalric fighter a Lord Cedric form Calentir caught my eye. His fighting surcoat was checkered gold and red. His Lady informed me that he did the checkers because she was not going to do that.
I was really impressed with the intelligence of the layout.The flow of people was just perfect. The combination of the living arts and the arts displays in two tents was really nice. There was a lot of room for people to walk in and talk to people.
Mistress Alix display of games was a great success. Her round chess board really impressed people and drew many people in. the bead making also drew big crowds. The one to one demonstrations were very impressive. We will see if any of those people who learned things will join the SCA but I know they were very happy and will give us word fame.
I want to thank the landed Baron and Baroness for their Hospitality. I would especially like to thank the Baron of Namron for his winning smile. I would especially like to thank Count Owen and Countess Genveria for opening their home and heart to use. Without their help and the help of their house hold we would have not been there.
Duke Jonathan de Laufyson and Duchess Willow de Wisp