[Northkeep] Upcoming Visit

Jerry Herring j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 15 07:31:22 PDT 2011

Your Excellency Tulsa is a town with a rich history and thriving modern city
what to see depends on what your interests are.

The Phillbrook is a nice place to go with its sprawling gardens and art, as one
of the old Phillips oil mansions it can give you real glimpse into Tulsa's oil
baron past.
Also there is the Gilcrease Museum for Native American and Old West art.
Tulsa also has a nationally recognized award winning zoo.
Cherry Street has a lot of good places to eat and unique little shops as does
Brookside and the Jenks River Walk.

Woodward Park is a really pleasant place to while away some time during a picnic
lunch with its magnificent oaks, lush botanicals, statuary, rose gardens, and
feeding the squirrels.
If you are into sports the Drillers when playing put on a good game for a minor
league baseball team, and there is also the women's basketball team.
The BOK center down town offers loads of concerts as does the PAC where Tulsa
has an awesome Ballet ,Opera, and Theatrical performances.
The downtown area around the BOK has loads of neat little clubs, resturants, and
shops that have sprung up or blossomed because of the renewal caused by the BOK
center.
There is always something going on at the Quicktrip center\fairgrounds between
gunshows\homeshows\horseshows, and the occasional rodeo.
If you like Farmers markets check out Conrad Farms in Bixby OK which is just
south of Tulsa.
And the Admiral Twin Drive in is a Tulsa landmark where you can still enjoy an
old-fashioned drive in movie once they have the screens rebuilt.

I hope this helps
Kindly
Ian