[Northkeep] An Invasion Averted

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 5 20:08:37 PST 2011

Greetings!

Yesterday Diarmaid and I, having heard that there were foreign vessels in port in Muskogee, went to see for ourselves.  We did indeed find two fine Caravels, well-fitted and manned, but also certain signs that aroused our suspicion.  The craft both claimed to belong to Spain, and indeed were flying the quartered arms of Aragon and Castile and the sigils of Ferdinand and Isabella, the sovereigns of those kingdoms.

But their sterns bore inscriptions that hinted at the Kingdom of the East, and the crew spoke not with the musical rhythms of the Iberian Peninsula, but drawls of the Gulf Coast.  It soon became clear that what we were looking at was a cleverly disguised Trimarian invasion fleet.  Fortunately, the harbor master was open to a bribe, and within minutes we were aboard and raised Northkeep’s standard without bloodshed.

Therefore, we present to Their Excellencies Facon and Keigan the vessels Santa Clara, called “Nina,” of sixty-five feet in length and an eighteen-foot beam and eighty tons displacement; and the Pinta, eighty-five feet in length, twenty-four foot abeam, and displacement of one hundred and one tons.

We’ll discuss our prize money at a later date.

In servicio,

Talana
Damn, this privateering thing is easier than I thought.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/imarcc/6457960611/in/photostream