[Northkeep] FW: For Hospitilars... Subject: Clothiers Special Guest

Niewoehner, Hugh Hugh.Niewoehner at flightsafety.com
Mon Jan 31 07:44:18 PST 2011

(NOTE: For Ansteorra replace Chatelaine with Hospitilar.)

At this year's Clothier's Seminar XXVI(just 4 hours North) we are privileged to have the SOCIETY CHATELAINE not only present, but offering classes to everyone! With a focus on Chatelaines/Castellans & those who wish to hold the office, or are already in service, these classes will educate & motivate. EVERYONE is welcome as these classes will hold information on recruiting and retaining new comers with insight into communication & helping the our officers. PLEASE attend & enjoy all this year's Clothiers Seminar has to offer. The gracious  gift of time & information given by ALL the instructors can be repaid & the thanked by your presence. Clothiers always awakens more talent & possibilities, along with a larger project list, in participants with each passing year . Don't miss out!

Below is a posting by TH Lady Venus for all of Calontir - Please pass it on . Thank you.YIS,-HL Gwydion ap Iohannes MataucYOUR Kingdom Castellan

Greetings unto the populace of the great Kingdom of Calontir!  The Society Chatelaine and the Kingdom Chatelain of Calontir invite you to participate in a special day of classes addressing the issue of  recruitment and retention of SCA members.  While many of the classes are geared towards chatelaines, they are open to anyone who has an interest in recruitment and retention of new members and the overall long-term health of our Society.  There are also classes specifically meant for the general populace.  Chatelaines are, however, particularly encouraged  to attend, as there will be a wealth of information on how to be truly effective in this critical office.  You will learn the nuts and bolts of  how to do the job, what underlying attitudes and practices make you most effective, what makes newcomers stay and what makes them leave.  Please join us for what we hope will be a very productive and inspiring day.

How to Be an Effective Chatelaine 101: Learn the basics of the Chatelaine office:  how to do demos, hold newcomer activities  and manage the recruitment and retention functions of the SCA.  This class is for those who currently hold the office of Chatelaine, or who aspire to do so.

How to Be an Effective Chatelaine 102:  Learn how to focus your effort and focus your attitude to be truly successful as a local group Chatelaine.  Learn how recruitment and retention really work, and how to avoid the most common pitfalls that can derail your efforts.  This class is for those who currently hold the office of Chatelaine, or who aspire to do so.  THERE ARE NO NECESSARY PREREQUISITES TO THIS CLASS.

Chatelaine Roundtable:   Join the Society Chatelaine and the Kingdom Chatelaine for a discussion about recruitment and retention of new members at the local, Kingdom and Society level .  This discussion is open to anyone who is interested in increasing our membership and in the future of our Society generally.

Growing the SCA:  Learn how we really recruit and retain new members in  the SCA.  What makes people stay, what makes people leave and why everything you think you know about recruitment and retention just might be wrong. This class is open to any member of the populace who is interested in the future of our Society.

Communication for Chatelaine s:  To effectively lead and effectively change things for the better,  chatelaines need to know how to communicate.  Learn what creates the kind of connections with people that cause them to listen to your ideas, w hat kinds of ideas work best to really make a change real, and how to handle the resistance that inevitably occurs when people are asked to accept new ideas.  This class is designed for chatelaines, but is open to anyone who wishes to attend.

In Service,  TH Lady Luce Antony Venus  Society Chatelaine