[Northkeep] Classes at wInterKingdom

Catherine Lackey catanlac at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 19:39:22 PST 2011

    Would some kind soul please forward this to the Ansteorran list and other
area lists who might be interested?

    Greetings!  I am Mistress Catrin ferch Gwilym O Gonwy and I would like to
give a brief description of the classes I am teaching at wInterKingdom next
Saturday in hopes of encouraging attendance by those interested in the subjects.

1. 1491: PreColumbian Native American Culture

    Ever wonder what people were doing on in the New World before it was called
that?  How about creating an empire more vast than any in Europe, Africa or Asia
of the same period and eliminating hunger for everyone in that empire?  Creating
cities larger and more populated than any in Europe and with running water and
clean streets?  How about terraforming entire continents to meet their needs?
Genetically engineered cereal crops and a system of agriculture that provided a
healthy diet sound good?
What was the real Montezuma's Revenge?  Learn the answers to these and many more
questions!

2. Applique in Celtic, Norse and Anglo-Saxon Design

    Applique is a wonderful and easy way to make small or large-scale designs
for garb, hangings and banners.  How to find and adapt patterns, design your
own, mixing media, methods of construction and technique, equipment needs and
different styles.  Demonstrations of all phases of construction.  This is
something anyone can do and make something eyepopping that wears well and makes
you proud.  No one under 10 years of age for safety reasons, please.

    I hope to see you there!

                   Catrin