[Northkeep] Weavers, Spiciers, and Bakers oh my.

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 27 08:05:44 PST 2011

Except:

Tinkers were menders of metal pots and pans, and tended to be itinerant rather than having a shop.  Clocks and watches, when made, were done by jewelers.  I'm talking about fine clocks - not wooden ones, which were large and associated with churches and monasteries.

A mint makes money, and is owned by the Crown.  Bankers loaned funds.  There were prominent medieval bankers - the Medicis made their fortunes as bankers before they got wealthy enough to be accepted into the nobility.  The Fuggers was another family that started as cloth merchants, but became fabulously wealthy as bankers.  The Templars started out as a pilgrim-protection business, got into banking, got too rich, and were targeted for their treasure, not that DaVinci code nonsense.

Talana