[Northkeep] Black Tower Scrolls

Tamara Britton zeurburt2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 11:24:28 PST 2011

Shanna (and anybody else interested),

I uploaded pictures to flikr, which I have just opened, so I think if you search people for zeurburt2003 then you can find the pics.

The Esprit de le Tour Noir (The Spirit of the Black Tower) award scroll has the Tour Noir at the top left. It is an oval with a black tower on the bottom half with crenelations edged in white with a red sky on the top half and black 10 sided star also edged in white. There are 5 windows in the black tower which represent the 5 divisions and a corresponding colored window: chivalry=red, rapier=blue, live weapons=purple, A&S=green, and service=yellow. This way one person can earn the award for more than one area.

The award scroll also has Their Excellenicies Facon's and Keigan's Arms below their signatures. I chose a vine to pull all these together and work with all the colors. They place the Baraonial seal with black wax at the very bottom of the scroll.

The scroll is accompanied by regalia, a leather Esprit de le Tour Noir with the window available to color or place a jewel. I took a photo of Thorvald's chivalry award with a red jewel we placed in the window.

Feel free to check out the pics and comment freely.
Dervilia