[Northkeep] Siege authorizations

Chuck Kaun jack_a_lope31 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 31 15:16:19 PST 2011

Greetings,
Due to the short amount of time I have before I go back out to my work, I will be performing authorizations for siege on Sunday Feb 6th.  Yes I know this is superbowl sunday.  Luckily, Their Excellencies Jean Paul and Gillian and Lord Ludo have graciously allowed their field to be used for siege practice and authorizations.  This is effectively your last opportunity to get authorized for Siege before Gulf Wars.  There will be a trebuchet on site to work with and if at all humanly possible, at least one ballista as well.  If you own or are building a siege engine, please bring it along to get it inspected and either play with it or see what is required to make it legal.
We will be starting about 1100 to give everyone time to work with the engines.
Please pre-read the society's Siege Handbook and Siege handbook update so you are aware of all of the rules of siege.  How to act on the field of battle and safety conditions will be spoken of and tested as well as types of engines and ammunition construction.  Armor is not required but please bring what you have so that we can go over what is still required for everyone and if enough armor is present and at least a pair of engines, we may be able to potshot at each other.
Thank you,
Ld Karl Thorgeirsson