[Northkeep] Weather Alert

Susan O'Neal catmafia03 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 17:35:34 PST 2011

Dervilia wrote

> Stock up on kitty litter or rock salt.

I would like to add, if using kitty litter check that it is the old
fashioned kind.  From what I understand of the clumping types, they are not
safe or useful for this purpose.

Got 4 bags of sand and one of salt in the back of the car, to help with
weight as it is so little.  My mom used to keep pecan hulls in the trunk for
getting out of when she was stuck, she worked census all over the NE part of
the state in the days before cell phones-so this was a big fear and they
worked well.

Susan