[Northkeep] Winterkingdom Soup Kitchen

Stephanie Drake cerdanya at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 10:39:50 PST 2011

I want to thank everyone who brought soup to feed the masses Saturday.  I
heard nothing but compliments about the many soups available, and there was
not a drop of soup to be had at the end of it (I even ran out of bowls -
luckily that coincided with running out of soup!!!!!)  The following people
worked hard so that we could have a warm, nourishing lunch.

Keigan - pumpkin soup
Julie - beef vegetable soup (I'm sorry - I have no idea what your SCA name
is!)
Cecily - ham and bean soup
Therese - mulligatawny soup
Zubeydah - corn chowder

I also want to thank Jutte for allowing me to use her roaster, and Zubeydah
for bringing hers, just in case.  My thanks also to Facon and Ottakar and
Faileen for making the warming of the soups happen when we kept tripping the
breakers in the great room (and for putting up with my panic!)
Special thanks go to Angelique for her help in getting set-up and her knife
work,  Autumn (sigh - I don't know your SCA name either) for spending the
entire lunch break doling out pickles etc, and Faileen for manning the cash
box, and missing the class she wanted to take at 1:00 to keep helping.
Extra special thanks go out to Elsa from Mooneschadowe and her niece Megan.
When I faltered and could not stand up anymore, much less dish up soup, they
whisked themselves behind the table, put their own lunches down untouched,
and started serving soup for me.  I can't tell you what it meant to me and I
will be forever grateful.
Last (but certainly not least) I want to thank my husband for toting,
hauling, cutting, etc.

In service and gratitude,

Mercedes

-

--
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark
to read.