[Northkeep] naming- was incorectly titled "northkeeps problem" Re: solutions to Northkeep problems

Ld.blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Sat Mar 26 11:27:27 PDT 2011

greetings

I believe what tadhg was trying to say was that any name for the region,
should apply to all groups in the region.
for instance if you named the region- moonstorm , how many people will
believe that ( whether or not it is true) that only namron and mooneschadow
mattered in the naming ? or green country- northkeep , or red dirt - eldern
/ weisenfeuer . etc.
we are not " just " any one land feature , any one weather feature , any one
historical period,or even any one solar feature .
and naming the " northern region " after some things , will only make others
laugh , as they do when we say were "from the north ".
Oklahoma, and upper Texas all have minor earthquakes , and the temperatures
often exceed 100 degrees ,
does that mean we should name the region " shake and bake " ??( even if we
use a different language to pretty it up )
 I don't think so, but hey , im trying to think ahead , and I'm only one
voice , so not worth much , in the grander scheme .

and really, if people choose some silly, ill fitting name , I can always
just ignore it ,and say " I'm an ansteorran from northkeep "  at least till
I'm too old to play any more .

on the perception of the southern ignoring the northern on many things
including royal presence,etc. whether or not it may be true ,seems
irrelevant to me .
we as a region , in describing " our " region" , should be looking to
ourselves and those in our region , it only becomes a kingdom issue if /
when a name / names are considered for sending to the heralds for final
choice. because no matter what we choose, the heralds will tell us what we
are allowed to use .

and really , I know history has left bad feelings on both sides of the
issue, but aren't we all supposed to be honorable , chivalrous ,adults ?
can't we give the other side , the benefit of the doubt, and get past this
for the greater good ?

right now , gas prices, economy, finances etc. are already putting a strain
on sca activities, so it is getting harder for people from any region to
travel to other regions , except for the central region, which seems to be
centrally located .... duhh ; )
anyway, speaking of travel , bonwick is having a wonderful event in June,
people should try to save up and go : ) their really nice people, and fun
too :)

again , just my opinion, your mileage may vary
Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
Arthur