[Northkeep] Talana's vacation

Anawyn at aol.com Anawyn at aol.com
Mon Mar 28 08:39:25 PDT 2011

You know, it always struck me as odd that if our colonial  ancestors
believed that someone had the supernatural power to float,  or do whatever thing
they were accused of, that no one seemed concerned that  they could do some
kind of 'hocus pocus' and get themselves out of being hung or  drowned for
their "crimes".
It just never seems to come up in any of the arguments that if you
actually had power of some kind, you would certainly use it to save  yourself, so
therefore maybe they might NOT have any such abilities?

Of course there is also documentation in the church records for various
settlements at that time that record cause of death by some folks who died
sudden deaths with no apparent cause as 'frighted by fairies'. They obviously
did not see any of this as a conflict with any tenants of religious faith
that they held.

It bears repeating though, that both Williamsburg and Jamestown are great
visits if any of you get the chance. When we were in Williamsburg about 3
years  ago, an appropriately garbed town crier gathered the crowds and
announced that  the Continental Congress had just ratified the Declaration of
Independence and  we were at war. He read the document to us, and it was sobering
to reflect upon  what it must have felt like to hear that news for the
first time, and wonder  what you might have chosen as a political side in those
times.

Glad you enjoyed it, and hope you can share pictures.

Anawyn

In a message dated 3/26/2011 9:05:06 P.M. Central Daylight Time,